09 July 2017

Another Belated Friday Feature: A Life in Yanbu

I'm cheating again. Instead of writing something I'm just going to link to Life in Yanbu, a blog I discovered through the MENA Cooking Club (on which I've been more of a lurker on than a real participant* but I'm hoping to change that soon).

Life in Yanbu has wonderful recipes, great photos, and honest commentary on the recipes. Apart from all that, Life in Yanbu humours my love of South Indian food by not only giving me hints and tips but also identifying things I've tried (oh, and then trying out recipes!). I'm thinking of murukku, a lovely little snack I've had lots of times in Dubai and India but had no idea how it was made until it appeared on My Life in Yanbu's feed for me! (It's great with tea.)

Murukku (looks a bit like pasta in this photo)
And now, another confession. The lovely blogger at My Life in Yanbu asked me to post photos of the trip I took to India in March. I haven't gotten around to it but maybe that can be my project for this week. It would also be plastic free!

* I wanted to take part in the last MENA Cooking Club challenge, I had planned on making chebab but couldn't find yeast in any of the shops in my town! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
Powered by Blogger.
The Sparkly Sunflower © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.