15 June 2016

Shhhhh!!! Don't tell anyone

I'd never been one for working in coffee shops - I preferred the quiet of a library or the comfort of my own home. Maybe it's also because I don't drink coffee and I can't imagine sitting for hours with a large cup of tea that gets colder and colder. Maybe also because the idea of "free refills" was a bit of an alien concept - going to a coffee shop was generally a social outing and staying for hours ends up being fairly expensive if you have to buy several cups of tea.

Anyhow, though I'm still not a 100% convert but I've been working at home the last few weeks on my capstone/thesis, drinking a lot of tea and at the moment watching more of the Euros than writing, I'm starting to think that maybe I should take myself off to a coffee shop and work - away from the distractions and comforts of home. The problem has always been to find somewhere that doesn't have too many distractions (I love watching the world go by) and has good tea and cake. I've tried, very hard, to find a suitable place - along with my wonderful partners in crime who, despite on the whole not being tea drinkers, are as fond as I am of baked goods.

Yesterday, we struck gold! Petsie Pies on Beacon Street. The website says this is the bakery, but tucked away on the side is a little room with a few tables. Given it's the bakery probably explains why most people were just coming in to pick up pies and cakes, rather than sitting down for tea and pie. Nice and quiet, power outlets (which will come in handy as my laptop battery doesn't last very long), good tea (which, is hard to find over here) and great cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
Powered by Blogger.
The Sparkly Sunflower © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.