13 June 2016

Abandoned by Maggie to the Maghreb

For a long time it was me, three boys, and another girl (these being the sister and brothers). Then for a good few years it was me and two girls, and more recently it was me, all on my own (excepting all the very welcome visitors). Then this year it was me and five guys, until Maggie in the Maghreb arrived to help balance things out.

Yet come the year end, Maggie in the Maghreb decided Tunisia was calling and headed off, leaving me again with the five guys. I also got left a very healthy looking orchid, apparently kept looking so healthy by the occasional ice-cube. (The ice-cube trick was new to me, I'm sure I killed all previous orchids left in my care through over-, and then under-, watering.)

A new bud? Or a sad orchid?
I've been carefully tending the orchid, feeding it an ice-cube or two a week yet it's still lost its spark - most definitely not a sparkly orchid. The lovely flowers withered up and fell off, turning black in the process. I'm hoping that this green but at the top is a new shoot and that the orchid is just adapting to the change in caretaker.



No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
Powered by Blogger.
The Sparkly Sunflower © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.