27 January 2017

Friday Feature: NaTakallam

I keep saying that I don't want to lose my Arabic but I've struggled to find a class that fits what I'm looking for in Ireland. I was mentioning to a friend the issues I had with the latest class I had sat-in on and she sent me details of NaTakallam, a web-based Arabic teaching service.

I haven't signed up yet, mainly because I have been running around doing interviews and trying to sort out finding a job, but I plan on signing up from February. The NaTakallam (which means "we speak" in Arabic) model works by pairing up Arabic language learners with Syrian refugees who will teach Arabic. I'm less interested in a formal Arabic course and keener to do a conversation-style class, as my focus is more on retaining whatever limited ability I have to speak Arabic, and the NaTakallam platform looks like it will facilitate this.

For anyone out there considering learning Arabic, why not check out NaTakallam? As the NaTakallam website notes,
The Syrian conflict has triggered the worst refugee crisis since World War II. Even if Syrians manage to flee the violence and obtain asylum abroad, many of those displaced are restricted in their work opportunities, often challenged by language barriers and local labor restrictions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
Powered by Blogger.
The Sparkly Sunflower © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.