13 January 2017

Friday Feature: Brackish Water Arts

Last year I spent a lot of time getting help with IT: I was paranoid (though that has such negative connotations, in my circumstance the paranoia was rooted in real concerns) so anytime something weird happened on any of my accounts I would pop in to speak to the wonderful IT team to check what had happened.

On one of my many trips in to the IT department I noticed a lovely paper flower on a desk. Really lovely. It made me smile lovely. In fact it was so beautiful that I asked where it was from. Lady Luck was smiling on me that day, it turned out that the artist who makes them is based in the Boston area and has an Etsy profile.

Regina Valeriano Macomber is the artist in question and her handcrafted flowers are quite stunning and original. I ordered three flowers, one was red, one more dusky pink, and the final flower was made from sheet music. The last one was a Christmas present for a friend who is very musical and finds the lack of flowers in bloom during Boston's winters hard going. She loved it!

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share but head over to Regina's instagram account (@blackdoily) to see her work and work-in-progress. If I ever get married again Brackish Water Arts might be getting a call to make flowers for me (yes, Brackish Water Arts caters to weddings, which I think is fabulous). When I got married several years ago (short-lived marriage) I was steadfast against having flowers, given they'd be used for one day and that would be that. But paper flowers could be lovely, they would have a long life and, much like the musical flower that I ordered, could bring a really original touch to a celebration.

Here's another gallery showing some of Regina's work - the lovely colours brought a smile to my face on this freezing cold day. I hope you all enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
Powered by Blogger.
The Sparkly Sunflower © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.